Azure Husbandry Squash, Heirloom Sweet Meat, Cut, Organic
Heirloom Sweet Meat squash is a wonderful variety of squash to complement your dinner table any time of year. This squash’s thick, orange flesh and amazingly sweet flavor is ideal for steaming or baking. We like to cut it up in medium-sized pieces, put it in a covered baking dish, add about 1/8 cup of water, and bake at 300-350 degrees for approx. 40 minutes until desired softness is acquired. This has been our family's favorite for years! If you've never enjoyed squash, you might actually change your mind after tasting this variety.
This squash was grown by Azure Husbandry on the farm here in Dufur, Oregon. We package these 3-4 lb. pieces fresh for your order. They easily keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Try our new recipe we tried for "Pumpkin" Chocolate/Carob Chip Cookies:
Pumpkin Chocolate/Carob Chip Cookies
- 1 cup squash or pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup butter and/or coconut oil, soft or melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups pastry flour (or more, if needed)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate or carob chips
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yields: approx. 3 dozen
- Note: We do our best to ship quality produce to Alaska and Hawaii, but due to unknown conditions at the barge lines, we cannot guarantee the quality on arrival.